- What are the clothing requirements for training?
- Does my Forklift Ticket expire?
- What Does Nationally Recognised mean?
- Is my White Card current?
- I have lost my traffic control cards, how do I apply for a new one?
- I have lost my White Card, how do I apply for a new one?
- What is a USI and how can I get one?
Casual clothing is sufficient. Any training that consists of a practical assessment such as the forklift course and all traffic control training requires you to wear long sleeves, long pants and closed in footwear.
Yes it does, check your current card for the expiry date. Once your forklift licence has expired it must be renewed within 12 months from the expiry date. A refresher may be done within the 12 month period; thereafter a full renewal is to be completed.
A nationally recognised course is part of the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
The AQF includes specific standards for courses at different levels. The advantages of studying a nationally recognised course are:
- You will gain a qualification that has been developed in consultation with industry;
- Your qualification will be recognised by industry across Australia;
- Your qualification will carry the same level of recognition as courses delivered on-campus;
- It is generally easier to obtain credit or advanced standing towards further studies;
- Your course is subject to review and audit by the Australian Skills Quality Authority; and
- You can be assured that your course meets the standards required to be nationally recognised
If you hold a White Card issued post 29/03/04 & the card number starts with a CGI it IS Current. Prior to that it would be a Green Card & that is NOT valid. If you are still unsure you can call SafeWork NSW on 13 10 50.
The TCT – Replacement Photo Card Application form (PDF, 217Kb) is to be used to apply for a replacement traffic control photo card that has been lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed.
For incorrect information on the card, such as a spelling error, please contact the Traffic Control Training Unit on 1300 828 782.
A white card can be replaced online by credit card payment but only if your details have not changed. You will need to ensure you enter the exact details as on your construction induction card record. If your details have changed, you can also complete the application form and send it to us by:
- post to: WorkCover NSW, Locked Bag 2906, Lisarow NSW 2252
- fax to: (02) 9287 5497 (credit card payments only)
- email to: email@example.com (credit card payments only)
A Unique Student Identifier (USI) number is a unique number that is allocated to anyone studying nationally recognised Vocational Educational Training (VET) in Australia.